Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Quick Reaction to the Massachusetts Election

First off, way to go Scott Brown!

Alright, now that I've gotten that out of the way, time for analysis. Now that a Republican has won a seat in Massachusetts of all places, the Democratic legislators in states such as Montana, Nebraska, Tennessee, Nevada, Idaho, and any other states with a more conservative bent have to be shaking in their boots. 2010 is going to be an ugly year for the Democrat party if current trends hold. The nation does not want health care reform as it is currently being presented by Democrats. Rasmussen Reports polls show that only 38% support the current reform proposal while 56% are opposed. Also, only 12% think that the plan will actually reduce health care costs. 12%, Americans sure have faith in you Democrats.Source Disclaimer: Polls while a valuable source of information on larger trends in a macro-society are not the end-all-be-all. They therefore are to be taken with a grain of salt. However, polls are what Political Scientists and Politicians use to form policy so I will use them too.

I am preparing a larger posting that I will have up in the near future where I will give my input on Health Care Reform, my ideas for how costs can be cut, and Human freedom in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment